Monday, June 7, 2010

Food

Vacations are always a good time to reflect on things that sometimes you don't think about too much. Since the 25 May I am on vacation visiting my brother and family in the United States. I had a great time visiting Washington DC with the family and seeing some of the most amazing buildings and sights. Enjoyed some awesome food in some great eats in the city. Talking about food, every now and then my mind keeps wandering back to this art piece at the National Mall in Washington DC. Now I don't consider myself a serious meat eater but I do enjoy an occasional indulgence every once in a way. But this trip for various reasons have gotten me to think seriously about the whole affair with the kind of food we put into our mouths. Even thinking about where your food comes from and what kind of processing happens before it is presented sometimes can trigger a lot of mixed emotions that is not always appetizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment